• Android Framework (AOSP) Architecture
• Android Location Stack
• Android App Dev
• Positioning Technologies
• IoT Architecture
• ThreadX/FreeRTOS IoT RTOS
• TCP/IP Stack
• Voice over WIFI Telephony Stack
• WIFI ALG (App Level Gateway) for SIP/RTSP protocols
• IP Header Compression
• Blazor .NET WebAssembly PWA
• Mentoring Junior Devs
• Leading system design
• Clear and concise communication
Experience - Qualcomm (2009-present) (13.2 years) (Staff Engineer - since 2020)
Android Location Stack Development (2016-present)
• Joined the Android team during the Android 8 (Oreo) upgrade.
• Designed and Implemented Location stack for Project Treble, which brought in major Architecture update with the system vendor split.
• Develop and support new Google-requested location features with every Android upgrade.
• Own and support the Location Vendor AIDL interface (IGnss) commercialization for India driven chipsets.
• Designed and Implemented Precise Positioning feature over a Qualcomm SDK meant to deliver premium features to Third Party Android App developers.
• Support any location module failures on CTS/VTS validation suites.
• Enhance and support Android Location SDK which enables chipset OEMs to exercise Qualcomm Location module capabilities.
• Updated Location module build system from mk to bp build files to adapt to Android's new Soong build system.
• Guide and train customer engineering teams and occasionally meet with customers on critical location issues.
• Work with various Android tech teams for location features, especially Data, Telephony, and Core teams.
• Mentor and guide couple of junior developers across different feature implementations.
• Mentored several interns for implementing a variety of tools to enhance developer productivity.
ThreadX (IoT) Location Stack Development (2016-present)
• Designed and implemented the complete location stack on ThreadX RTOS for our IoT platform.
• Designed and developed a Reference Application for IoT OEMs to demonstrate the concurrent use of GNSS and Data.
• Enhanced IoT platform time management by developing a mechanism for NTP download and injection.
• Designed and implemented the location stack API for use in a cloud based IoT positioning system.
• Technically led a team of couple of junior developers to support development and commercialization on IoT platforms.
• Plan and manage timelines and resources for location feature dev and support for several IoT platforms concurrently.
ALG Development and Voice over WIFI (2012-2016)
• Designed and developed ALG (Application Level Gateway) implementation for SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) for Qualcomm WIFI router platforms.
• Designed and developed ALG implementation for RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol).
• Implemented enhancements and supported commercialization for VoWIFI (Voice over WIFI) module by enabling secure IP path from IMS module to VoWIFI servers.
TCP/IP Stack and IP Header Compression (2009-2015)
• Enhanced and maintained the TCP/IP stack on Qualcomm Modem platforms.
• Implemented and maintained several Header Compression protocols such as CRTP (Compressed Real-Time Transport Protocol), RoHC (Robust Header Compression), and IPHC (IP Header Compression).
Education - B.Tech (Information and Communication Technology) (DA-IICT) (2005-2009)
• Won several coding contests
• Maze traversal robot
• Library management system for an NGO
• College Election Portal